Psssst: have you checked out part one of this framing series? Click here to learn the best way to choose which photos to hang and what size frames to order! I’ve always had a fear of hanging anything on the wall, much less a whole gallery of frames. Thank you- no, thank you! How do I make it straight? How do I accomplish this task without getting 100 unnecessary holes in the wall? If you’ve ever felt this way, this post is for you! I hung not 1, not 2, but 3 wall galleries all by myself WITHOUT any assistance from my husband (happpppy dance!) Now, I’m seriously LOOKING for a reason to hang things on my wall. In today’s post, I am going to walk you through step-by-step how to install a wall gallery (without getting extra holes in your walls!)
- heavy duty level
- 3M Claw (make sure to get the right weight limit for what you are hanging
- a small photo level
- magic eraser for cleaning up the marks on the wall
- find the horizontal center of the wall or the center of where you want your wall gallery to hang
- find the vertical center of the wall gallery to be
- put your level in the center of where your gallery will go
- once level, draw a line at the top and bottom
- turn your level and do the same for the vertical drawing two lines
You now can line up your frames in the corner of where you have the images marked. Follow the instruction for the 3m Claw (which I show you exactly how to use in my YouTube video here.) Place the small level on top of your frame and line your frame up with one of your corners. Once it’s level and lined up in the corner, place it on the wall. The 3M guides will stick and you’re ready to install the hooks followed by the frames.
Use your levels to make sure the frames are straight and perfectly aligned to each other.
So, there you have it! How to install a wall gallery simply and easily. Make sure to check out the YouTube Video to see me hang my wall gallery.
Ready to start taking wall-worthy photos? Check out my FREE training- 3 Tips to Get your kids to Smile at the Camera!
How to Install a Wall Gallery
VIEW THE COMMENTS